1. Almonds and Nutsphoto credit: The Travelling Bum via photopin cc
Eat a few ounces of these a day and not only will those cravings for snacks reduce, but you’ll also build muscle, the best fat-burner ever! Keep it salt-free, though, and as natural as possible.
2. Berriesphoto credit: Darwin Bell via photopin cc
Delicious and they keep you full longer! Berries are also high in water and fiber.
3. Grapefruitphoto credit: Darwin Bell via photopin cc
Grapefruit controls blood sugar levels and lowers insulin. It also speeds up your metabolism. And that white bitter stuff? That’s the best part for you!
4. Cinnamonphoto credit: Sebastian Mary via photopin cc
Cinnamon is amazing for stabilizing blood sugar levels and is considered to be an appetite suppressor. The best part is you can add it to coffee, yogurt, tea, or oatmeal to add flavor without the sugar.
5. Coffeephoto credit: bitzcelt via photopin cc
Taken with no sugar or dairy, coffee is a great way to rev the metabolism. Coffee stimulates adrenaline, which is why, if you’re not used to it, you feel your heart speeding out of control.
6. Green Teaphoto credit: T.MoE via photopin cc
Green tea is considered a great way to burn abdominal fat. It also contains catechins, a phytochemical that affects the metabolism.
7. Leafy Greensphoto credit: Clearly Ambiguous via photopin cc
If you need help building up your muscles, increase you intake of greens, like spinach, kale, lettuce, and broccoli. Greens also fight free radicals.
8. Whole Grainsphoto credit: Chiot’s Run via photopin cc
Whole grains are high in protein and fiber, which keep you full longer. Top it with fish, greens, or beans and you’ll have a well-rounded, filling meal!
9. Fishphoto credit: woodleywonderworks via photopin cc
Fish is loaded with protein, which is why it can keep you full longer than any other meats. The best kind of fish are the fatty ones, like salmon and herring.
10. Chili Peppersphoto credit: Koshyk via photopin cc
You know how if you eat peppers that are too hot and your body gets hot and sweaty? That’s capsaicin, a compound that speeds up your metabolism and can curb appetite.
11. Beans and Legumesphoto credit: kugel via photopin cc
Another way to build muscle, beans and legumes pack a double punch by also regulating digestion and, of course, burning fat. They’re high in protein and an incredible source of fiber. Plus, they’ll keep you full for longer.
12. Wheyphoto credit: SynergyByDesign via photopin cc
A favorite among weight loss professionals, whey contains all amino acids, which means it’s a complete protein. Whey is very digestible, so it’s a better option for protein intake. More reasons to choose whey is it suppresses appetite and builds muscle.